A Life Milestone



My mom reached 70.

We asked, "What is your birthday wish?"

We did not hear any response. She just smiled.

I could remember the time when she left and was lost for 3 days, not knowing where we will find her. Eventually, she's found after days of searching. Little did we know she's losing her memory.
The experience of worry and sadness is unbearable. Somehow, I just thought of fighting it. There is always a reason why things happen. In this case, it helped us to be reminded of how painful it is to lose a loved one.

My dad passed away when he's 69 years old, young and wanted to fulfill his dreams upon retirement.

But certain occurrences were unavoidable.
Inevitable.
Old age.
Sickness.

As I live with my mom, I just have to learn the power of acceptance. This is the only way for us family to be happy, instead of living a life with regret. I hope I can deliver message to everyone that life is short, we would not know what will happen next. Cherish the moments with the people you care the most.
Reaching old age is a milestone. Celebrating birthdays with loved ones is something that you can always remember.

Life milestones? There's a lot.
Achieve them.
Be part of it.
Be well.



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Mix Feeding: Breastmilk and Formula

The Beginning

Dealing with the Loss of a Loved One and the Pandemic